The growing popularity of mountain activities, as well as the availability of relatively affordable equipment for them, attracts more and more people to practice extreme sports and mountain tourism. Unfortunately, every year the mountain takes sacrifices, and the problems are very complex. On the one hand, there is a lack of awareness of how to choose the right equipment, on the other hand, there are no skills to deal with situations occurring in the mountain instantly. Only in Bulgaria every year there are dozens of victims and the main reasons are avalanches and riding outside the slops (Freeride), taking climbing without the needed preparation because of the lack of the right equipment, the required physical condition and last but not least underestimation of meteorological conditions. Adding the victims in the mountains from the other countries in the European Union, the number of similar incidents is really worrying.
Another aspect of the project is the lack of an online web site/platform where the youngsters from different nationalities
will be able to share information about the conditions in the mountains, routes, slops, equipment quality etc., but also a
social platform in which people from EU countries, where there are similar types of sport and tourism, can share experience and information. The lack of experience among young people, the lack of easily accessible information poses risks to their health and lives, as they are mostly the potential victims of unconsidered activities in the mountains. On the other hand, young people are actively using the Internet, and the creation of such a platform/web site would be a great help for them in the exchange of experience and awareness. EU is founded on the values of respect for human dignity, freedom, democracy, equality, the rule of law and respect for human rights, including the rights of persons belonging to minorities. These values are common to the MS in a society in which pluralism, non-discrimination, tolerance, justice, solidarity and equality between women and men prevail. The present project is based on accomplishing those priorities of Erasmus+ through quality cooperation of young people that will develop sensitivity and knowledge on how to build those qualities in youth targets through nature –oriented approach.
- Familiarize young people with all kinds of mountain activities in order to empower them to spread the accumulated knowledge among their peers;
- Understanding basic practices in the high mountains to prevent accidents during their stay and sports there;
- Familiarize young people with the risks of the high mountain;
- Deepening the knowledge on EU policies in the field of environmental protection;
- Exchange experience and good practices through all partner countries in the field of mountain sports;
- Sharing experiences between all partner countries in mountain activities and sports;
- How to survive in extreme situations and mainly how to prevent them;
- Creating an internet platform to inform and provide opportunities for exchange of experience and communication among people practicing high mountain transitions and sports;
- Helping young people to better understand European policies;
- Discussion of future actions and prevention among young people in the direction of improvement of the physical condition.
The project will follow the non-formal education method and will be combined with teamwork, exercises and discussions. You and the Mount (YATM) is co-funded by Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.